Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Does Anyone Have Days Like These?

Dear loved ones, I'd love to know if anyone else has obnoxiousness in their lives. I know I don't want to use my blog just to vent but I also don't want it to read like an Ensign article. My life is not an Ensign article! Now, none of you have Ensign article blogs, I'm just trying to keep mine real without too much reality.

I've had things pop up for weeks like the computer maitenance. Today I was all dressed in grubby clothes ready to get a bucket and do some cleaning when I smelled burning rubber from the vacuum. Sidenote, Michael was vacuuming for me. I love him! I took the Hoover and tried to check the belt. It wasn't the belt but a huge length of elastic that had bound itself up. Where did it come from? As I looked beyond the elastic I could tell I was in for it. Did I mention I have two sixteen year old girls with long hair? Aargh! I cleaned the brush rollers with scissors, screwdriver and my poor stubby fingernails for fifteen minutes. Then I realized that there were wooly mammoth sized dust bunnies clogging the works. Aargh! Luckily I had some pipe cleaners and was able to fashion my own vacuum snake. Did anyone know I'm allegic to dust? Sidenote, as I'm trying to open my airways and get other things done Michael has braved the High School traffic to pick up the girls for me. I love him!

On a happy note I will be subbing for the first time this year for the next two days. Second grade. I love second graders. And Michael, Emily and Allison just came through the front door alive and well. I love them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Keeping it real without too much reality" is a PERFECT blog heading/topic! I love it! I guess this is the balance that we bloggers should try to achieve. I'll work on that. Also, I think the whole vacuum cleaner story would make for a great Ensign article and I can just picture the perfect illustration to go with it, dust 'n all! By the way, you're putting many of us to shame with all your fix-it skills, I'm glad my husband doesn't read these blogs very often, I'm not ready for him to know there are women like you around!

Marianne said...

Hey Love! Your vacuum too?! Mine has been giving me fits! Of all of the cranky things in my house the vacuum is the easiest thing to work with. It's remarkably simple. My next challenge with it is this...on Monday I sucked up a short pencil that jumped out from under the desk before I could pull back! It's in there somewhere because it is certainly NOT in the dirt cup, grrrrr!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh Aunt Gina, bless your heart!!! Man I'm going to tell you, there is absolutely nothing that will send me over the top quicker than my vacuum cleaner or washer or dryer having trouble!
I love all your blog posts. I need to be more real with my posts I need to tell more of the everyday life things and not just all the good things, because lets face it the everyday life things and stories that we hear from other people are the things that help us see that were normal in our lives. I love you. Thank you so much for always saying or telling me what I need to hear! Your the best!
Love ya-JoLynn
P.S. Tell grandma that we love her and miss her!!!

Annie said...

Dumb Vacuum! Isn't life grand? Everyday full of the fun little things that make it interesting. Its those "fun" things that have made it so that I know how to light a pilot light, unclog a drain, and fix a broken ice maker! WOO HOO

Anonymous said...

Gena, Will you tell your mom that I always love reading her comments on everyone's blog. She always says the sweetest things. Also, tell her that now that you have your computers up and running that she should start her own blog, I think she would have great stories to tell. Love to you both!

Anonymous said...

For Grandma Helen, Thanks for visiting my blog, please come back often. Brent is very special to us too, he has changed the life of so many members of our family but, of course, mostly Kami's. It is a miracle what just ONE person can do. We love him and you too.