Friday, September 26, 2008

My Friday Five

I'm grabbing my time with the computer while I can. I plan on lots of painting tomorrow! So without further ado...

1. After substituting in middle school today I'm so glad I chose to get my degree in Elementary Education. Not that they're horrible but the higher hormone levels together with stormy weather, Friday afternoon, and the natural exhilaration of having a Sub made the last class of the day (43 seventh graders) a white knuckle experience.

2. In spite of much stress, frustration and talking to people named "Keith" with extremely heavy Indian accents I'm proud that both the computers are online, again. According to one hardware helpline we needed another router to assist the modem. I FIXED IT ON MY OWN! Now we get to return the router!



3. With so many wonderful options in what to watch on television (snarf!) I'm so happy to have my DVD collection. Still watch my "Gilmore Girls." And I'm happy to have "The Office" and "Heroes" back. And thank you, Bravo TV, for giving me guilty pleasures in "Project Runway," "Top Chef," "Flipping Out," "Shear Genius," and "Tabatha's Salon Takeover." There's something fun about watching talented people and twits.



4. One of my least favorite things in the whole wide world is rodents. I held squirrels a little higher in esteem until they started eating my blackberries and trying to set up housekeeping in the ceiling of my sunroom. I'm so glad that my baby, Charlie, loves to chase them and run them out of the yard!



5. Do I love this guy or what? He's so sweet to me and I'm so glad we've been together for almost 24 years. Wow, he's put up with me that long?

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Gena, my darling, you do indeed have much to be thankful for even if the horizon looks stormy. GOdis aware of you and youhave proven faithful through all of your trials. We're praying for you all and for Steve to find a job!

Love Charlie's photo! He's the best squirrel chaser I've ever met!

I agree with you. There's not much to watch on TV these days. I love those Gilmore Girls too and we have started watching them again. I would love something fun like "Leave it to Beaver" for Christmas!

I love that Steve guy too! Has it really been 24 years?! Yikes!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love ya Gena! Your the best! I love all your pictures. And I'm glad that you survived those 7th graders! Wow- you are quite the woman. I sure wish you lived closer, you could help Bryan (Mortensen) out with all of our computer issues. Poor guy could get a full time job just taking care of the Ellsworth's computers. I also love the picture of Charlie. Him and Minnie definately have some family resemblance thats for sure!
Well I love you all! Tell Grandma I love her too! We miss you all!
Lots of Hugs, JoLynn
P.S. I love the picture of Steve also!:)