Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Twisted Tuesday Six

Long week and it's only Tuesday. Too many details to share so in an attempt to turn my frown upside down I'm looking for the good side of a few of my annoyances.


1. I'm sad I haven't had the time to do the fun baking for Halloween yet. But I am glad I made a cake with dark chocolate frosting and I had orange sprinkles and purple sugar to put on it.


2. I don't like having to take pills! Bleh! But I am grateful to live when there are medical options and that I have pretty, sparkly glitter and gems to make the prospect of taking pills much more fun.



3. Popcorn textured ceilings... what were they thinking? Having scraped a huge room in the basement last summer I think I'll deal with the upstairs later. But, in the meantime, I'm so happy that my honey is willing to patiently paint them.


4. Budget cuts in corporate America. Hate them. Never will be grateful for them.


5. I love rain but not rain that causes little muddy footprints to be cleaned off of the tile, carpet, couches and curtains. But I am grateful for a sweet puppy who loves me and keeps the d#@$ squirrels out of my yard. I'm also grateful for enough moisture this year that we haven't been under water regulations.


6. My ice maker was not working! I love ice especially when it's left in your glass and it's softenend and just the right texture to crunch. There's nothing worse than drinking something your ice has already melted away in. I'm grateful for my sensible farm girl training that drove me to jump in and fix that ice maker! In my opinion I will feel I've made it when I, like Matthew McConaughey, have a Sonic pellet ice maker in my home.

5 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

First of all I just want to say that you are one handywoman. I love how you can fix anything around that house. I also agree that I will feel like I've made too when I have a Sonic pellet ice maker in our home.
Steve looks mighty handsome up there painting away! And that little Charlie is just like her sister. Minnie does that all the time except she also loves to chase a horse and eat horse poo. Yuck!!!
Sorry about pay cuts and taking pills. We sure feel your pain there. Brian hasn't had work in nearly a week(and no work no pay, no pay, no eat) And Brian cursed himself saying his back was doing pretty good. Well it was until yesterday and he cleaned out the garage and yep its been all down hill-back to muscle relaxers and alieve. Sure wish I had some of that chocolate cake. Nothing ever seems so bad with a little chocolate cake!
Love ya all, JoLynn

Edwin & Tamara said...

Gena Don't feel so hum drum

You are a wonderful person, mother, aunt, sister, and daughter, to everyone, We all love you very much, And I that blah blah pill thing I have you beat.
So don't feel to bad, My problem is trying to remember if I took them, Cause I have a tun I take in the morning and in the evening.

Love you. Tamara

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I almost had to go home yesterday and make a chocolate cake just for me...that picture was in my mind all day! But seeing how we are just as broke as the rest of the nation I couldn't afford a cake mix :)
Love the Halloween picture too btw!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I feel so out of it...I don't know what a sonic pellet ice maker is, obviously I don't have one but I must need one, I'll check into that!! Love the cake, the painter, the puppy, the Pepper and that pill reminder is to die for!! I don't take many pills, just 800 mm ibuprophen (on bad days) but I wonder if Jim would mind if I decorated his like that?? So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oop's, that's 800 mg (I don't know what mm is, probably would kill me)!!