I've never felt so out of control with my time in my entire 46 years on this earth! My kids LOVED "Animaniacs" (we even have the soundtrack... to a cartoon series on TV) and there was a segment called "good idea, bad idea." I'm attempting to sum up all the time I've missed sharing anything with this concept.
Good Thing: Mom and I both had happy birthdays and I had a really good time decorating the cakes.
Bad Thing: My camera batteries died and I couldn't get pictures.
Good Thing: Mom's camera was very helpful and we got some good shots.
Bad Thing: Her camera went with her to UT for Christmas so I can't show you how cute they turned out.
Good Thing: Michael, Emiy and Allison all survived the Fall semester.
Bad Thing: There was much stress in the house over finals and such.
Good Thing: It's over! and today is the first official day of the Christmas vacation.
Bad Thing: Allison is going to be gone all day performing with her choir group.
Good Thing: Allison's group was terrific on the radio this morning and will have three more performances they've been invited to. To finish her day she'll have a party with them.
Bad Thing: We'll miss her.
Good Thing: Chris sounds happy and had a baptism last week.
Bad Thing: He was without power for a few days due to the horrible ice storm that hit New England last week.
Good Thing: He survived and the power came back on.
Bad Thing: I hope he gets his Christmas package on time since the storm messed up so many deliveries.
Good Thing: We get to talk to him after 5:00 MST on Christmas Day!
Good Thing: My husband and I are still happily married and feel incredibly blessed we have each other and our family.
Bad Thing: We're still unemployed.
Good Thing: Several people are interested in him and he received a really wonderful blessing from our Bishop that comforted us a lot.
Bad Thing: No one wants to do anything about new employment until after the first of the year.
Good Thing: I've felt blessed to have as many substitute jobs as I have to help out.
Bad Thing: I'd love to teach full time again since subbing isn't a constant thing.
Good Thing: One of my cub scouts gave me a great gift of pistachios and a beautiful card last night. And really surprising I had a 2nd grade teacher I sub for call me this morning telling me she has gifts for me from some of her students.
Bad Thing: Now I have to remember to write notes to them... maybe I should do that now...
I love you all!!! and I love reading your comments. They're a big boost and I hope I'm clever enough that I share a boost with you!
4 years ago
5 comments:
Holy Cow you have had a time.
But in the end it all turned out good right.
Love ya have a Merry Christmas
Gena I just checked your blog to see if by chance you had said any thing. Wonderful, you did. I loved reading about your ups and downs. Hope the New Year is going to bring lots of good things your way. I miss you so much. I know you don't believe that, since I deserted you for Christmas. Hopefully you will have forgiven me for that by the time I get home. It just started snowing really hard. Maybe we will have a White Christmas. Love you lots
Mammazoasu
PS I am so sorry for the typo. I didn't have the cursor in the box when I typed the letters to send the message. So I typed them again and somehow they showed up by my name. It was intentional. I am smarter than that. I think. Mamma
Good Idea...having Mom come for Christmas!
Bad Idea...Having Mom come for Christmas (I know, I don't have to eat all of the yummy toffee and Cougar Crunch but I can't stop!!)
You sound busy my dear! I love you and hope you all hae a marvelous Christmas!
Hi Gena, We've been in AZ with your family so I'm just now catching up on your blogs. I guess we have to take the bad with the good...it sure can be a roller coaster ride. One of the hardest things I had to endure as a mother was the pain of Kami's divorce and her subsequent single-ness that went on for SIX years! I could have cried everyday if I had let myself. When I think back to this time last year, it was the lowest point of all for me (she really handled the whole thing better than I did), for the first time I began to feel hopeless. It was the darkest time of all. I knew that Kami would be spending another Christmas alone with her little children and I began to think that this was just how her life would always be. Then BOOM, just 3 weeks later she met Brent (our miracle boy) and her whole life changed in an instant. The reason I'm telling you all this is just to say, don't ever give up hope, miracles happen, people find love and they find JOBS and life gets better. This is my wish for you this new year. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment