Monday, April 13, 2009

April and Easter



As you all know after many months and many prayers Steve got a new job! It's here in the Denver area which made Steve really happy. WE were ready to follow him anywhere but he was really stressed over the girls having to go to a new high school their senior year. So Allison and Emily are going to graduate as Ralston Valley Mustangs, like their brothers, and I don't have to pack and move. Allison, all by herself, made and decorated a cake for her Dad.



Decorating for Easter became a silly, light hearted affair.



We LOVED these little terry bunnies and chicks and had a macabre laden time inserting ribbons into their bodies to tie them to the chandelier.



My favorite decoration is a lamb I found a few years ago. He's so fluffy! I wanted something to show the scale of the lamb so I grabbed Charlie. He knows he's not supposed to be on the table and I kind of upset him by making him pose in this picture.

After six months of having "Daddy" around every day I was anticipating Charlie going through withdrawal. Steve's first day of work coincided with the girls going back to school after Spring Break and me starting a week of substituting. Mom said he had a miserable first day. He sat in the entry of the house all day and would moan and yowl every once in a while. He'd run to her and make sure she was still around and then return to the entry. As the week wore on he relaxed a little.

On Sunday mornings Charlie knows by our preparations that we are going to church. He mournfully follows us around. He's escaped the yard a few times and wandered the church grounds but Steve had altered the gate for strength and height. As Mom and I walked out of the church yesterday our flying furball met us. Walking with him across the little field we could see the gate was closed, so, how did he escape? Hmmm....




Let's see, printer cartridges, tissue box, pens, pencils,...



It's a good thing he's so darn cute and repentant!

11 comments:

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Im glad to see that that schnauzer isnt the only trouble maker in the family. Abby the big grey one is just like him. She likes the garbage and also chocolate. I am so glad to hear that Uncle Steve got a job. That always makes things a little less stressful for all in the family. Love you tons!

Marianne said...

Oh Happy days!! A working husband and a rascal doggie! Love you and Love Charlie!

Now...let's all pray for Mr.Michael to find a job! Hopefully it will open up wide next week with all of the BYU student going home. In the meantime...we are having fun with him!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

We are so happy for Steve. That is awesome! I'm so glad that you guys didn't have to move and that the girls were able finish up their last year of school at there high school.

Now about that dog, wow, him and Minnie really are siblings. But gee you just can't help but love them even though they can sure be naughty sometimes!

We love you all very much and we miss you tons!
JoLynn

Edwin & Tamara said...

Hurray steve found a job :)'
Yep them darn dogs can sure have there naughty momments, and then they just give you those sad brown eyes, and ya just gotta love emm

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

OH YIPHEEEEE!!! We are overjoyed with the news! Good Job UNCLE STEVE! What a great blessing...with a little hope, faith and patience...anything is possible!
We love you and hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Denise said...

What a happy cake! I am so so so happy for your family and for the blessing of employment--one, as you know, I never take for granted anymore.

Charlie is so darn cute! Who knew you and I would turn into ardent dog lovers?

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'm sooooo happy about Steve's new job. I hope it all goes well and that it turns out to be a good move for him. Now about your dog...he IS very cute but oh so messy, and the fence...what in the world was he thinking??? I guess it's much easier to deal with these little stresses now that the BIG stress is gone. Good Luck to all of you, hope you had a Happy Easter!!

J and J Black said...

I too am happy that Steve was able to find a job! Am I the only one that dosn't know what it it?

Gena said...

No, you're not. I didn't even know what it was exactally for a while, I just knew he had an offer. He's working for Merrick Construction, apparently they're a well known company to engineers and such. The project he's currently working on is for radiation containment units, like the clear boxes with huge gloves you place your hands in to work on nuclear components in the box. He's very excited and happy. He even lined up an interview for a friend of ours in the ward who has lost his job also.

Anonymous said...

Grandma Helen, The Jacob Hamblin info arrived this afternoon. I will have a great time reading it. Thanks so much!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Hi there I just saw what Grandma posted on Aunt Marianne's blog and I just want to tell you guys that since it's so cold there maybe you'd better come here for a visit!!! I sure miss you guys! I hope all is well. How's Steve's job? Is he liking it?
Love ya,
JoLynn

P.S. Tell Grandma that Grant Ellsworth came into our office last week and he told me to tell Grandma hi for him and he also asked me for her number so if he or his wife call that's how they got your number. Love ya all!