Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where in the Heck Did May Go? I'll Tell You...

It's the end of May and I was wondering where it went. Do any of you have the same feeling? I raced from the middle school to pick up the girls. We then raced to the grocery store to get things we need for the Girls Camp Clinic tonight. We've thrown together some dutch oven cooking. As I sit here I've been thinking "why is the month gone?" I pulled out my planning calendar and realized I've substituted 10 out of the 20 school days this month and then I noticed the activities we've been involved in. wow.

Above you'll see a photo of Allison singing at Ralston Valley High School's "Jazz on the Green" festival. The sunglasses were not a cool jazz statement but were worn because they were facing the sunset. They did look cool though.

I spent two days sewing/altering formals for the girls. It was a fun and creative outlet even if it always feels a bit rushed.

Don't you love how Emily's jacket turned out? I was rather pleased with it. She looked totally gorgeous in it.


As Allison was walking out she stepped right out of her shoe. This was an honest act of gallantry on Christian's part. Could we have set up a pose any better? Yeah, but it would definitely not be an "awww" moment.

Threw this one in because they have such cute tushies. Didn't tell Emily that's what the shot was for until after I took it.

Now glance up at Emily's wrist corsage and Christian's boutonniere. I do good work, no? The afternoon of the dance I did three faces of makeup, three heads of hair (with Alli's help) and made three wrist corsages and a boutonniere. What was I thinking? Oh, yeah, that all the flowers and supplies together were the cost of one corsage?

Isn't my Mom cute? Or as Allison and Emily say, "It's my cutesy, wootsy Grandma!" She keeps complaining that there aren't any good pictures of her. I beg to differ and here's my proof. I have no idea how annoying my life would be without her but I sure don't want to find out. We need our "Lucy and Ethel" moments to keep us both young, and humble.


Last choir concert of the year, The Collage Concert. The kids have a lot of fun with it. Emily above? "Dig in the Dancing Queen." Oh, baby, it was cute!


Shades of Blue sang a beautiful rendition of "Skylark." Tie dyed shirts? Seniors. Navy blue? Juniors. This group will include Emily next year!

The Collage is a fun show because there are different acts that perform in addition to the choirs, kind of like a talent show. The groups or individuals must audition to get a spot. Well, Allison and Emily grabbed one of their friends performed a song I found called "The Alto's Lament." It was absolutely hysterical and the crowd loved them! The video won't fit on blogspot (too many MB's) but it is posted on my facebook wall. I couldn't be more proud of how well they did. Emily commented "I really feel like I've come out of my box." Any of you who know her and watch the video would agree exponentially.

Today was a six hour recess with 120 7th graders. I'm tired but I have a smile on my face and a song in my heart for my awesome Young Women and can't wait to go over camping skills in an hour. I will sleep well tonight!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

I cannot believe how grown up your girls are. It makes me sad and happy all at the same time! They are such fine young ladies and you should be very proud! Is there a video of them singing somewhere? It seems like you mentioned it but my sinuses are messing with my brain!

Marianne said...

P.S.Mom is always darling! She just always scowls at the camera because she says she hates photos so much! If you can get her to smile then they turn out just fine!

P.P.S.S. MICHAEL SAID HE told YOU ABOUT HIS JOB AND YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION!

Denise said...

Are you telling me I have to get a Facebook account?! ARGH. One more thing I don't have time for. . . .

The girls really do have darling little tushies. :)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

All I can say is that I'm exhausted just reading all of this! You are and always have been my hero. You are one amazing lady!
O.K. the girls look absolutely stunningly (is that a word?) beautiful! I love the dresses. What on earth will I ever do for Miss Brilynn when she goes to prom? I have absolutely NODDA sewing skills. These girls are such fine young women. I wish we lived closer. My Brilynn needs these good examples of righteousness!
Good luck with all your camp stuff. My goodness that seems mighty overwhelming to throw that in with everything else you got going on!
Well take care and know we love you tons!!!
JoLynn
P.S. Those girls have darling little behinds. Tell them to hold tight to that picture. When their my age it will make them proud to remember that they once had cute behinds that were UP where there supposed to be:)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh I forgot one more thing- Grandma looks fabulous! I sure love her and miss her too!
JoLynn

Edwin & Tamara said...

You did a very good job and the jacket, and the wrist corsages and boutonnieres turned out lovely
The girls look wonderful,
and GRANDMA you look FABULOUS!
Love you miss you
You have been a very busy lady, take time to breath :)

Love you
Tamara