Saturday, October 17, 2009

I've Been Sewing, Daily Sewing....



After the jackets for "Shades" you'd think I'd lay low, right? Well... The Seniors at Ralston Valley have their Toga Day at the end of Homecoming Week (while the underclassmen are relegated to school colors). I saw a pattern for togas and thought, "How hard can it be?" Not hard just time consuming! I wanted to do this and, boy, did I? Embarrassing confession: I thought it would be a breeze and ended up finishing at 3:30 a.m. This included a run to a 24 hour Wal Mart. And I'm glad I did it, even if I'm tired!

I thought their hair was adorable!



It's all about the accessories, right? These were fun to make!



This is Allison's "Aphrodite" shot...



... and Emily's "Athena."



Christian and Allison were patient with a Mom and her camera (hey, they were waiting on the other couple... You can't tell in the pictures but the top layer of Alli's dress was an adorable flocked dotted swiss (I love retro!).



Ready to go... my last Homecoming :{


A P.S. Update: I didn't get my sewing "put away" and now have, oh, three or four items laid next to my machine in need of my attention. Shouldn't have cleaned the bathrooms first, dang it!

7 comments:

Diana said...

VERY Roman!~ Molto Bene!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow I sure wish that you lived closer. I'm struggling A LOT over Halloween this year. Brilynn is just dying to be a gypsy (I have know idea why) she saw a couple of darling gypsy costumes BUT one was out of stock (dang it!) and the other cost (sit down, it's rediculous) $70.00. On that note we decided we'd have to figure out something else. If I could sew I think a very cute skirt and top could be made and some cute little accessories but since I don't and you live so far away and have so many other projects to do I guess we will have to come up with plan B.

Also that dress of Ali's is darling. Please hold on to these dresses. Maybe Brilynn can borrow them someday!

Don't work to hard. A little rest and relaxation does a body good:)

Love You,
JoLynn

P.S. Grandpa Jerry came out of surgery good but he's still really struggling. We don't know what to make of it. We've never seen him in this condition. He just so weak and tired and has no energy to do even the things he loves to do. He just keeps going down hill. Now he's not even really eating because he doesn't feel like it. It's just breaking my heart! Hopefully he can get to feeling better soon! Keep him in your prayers!

Anonymous said...

What a darling Homecoming dress! And I love the bright colors of the togas, plus their hair is soooo cute (did you do that too?...Silly me, of course you did!) What a WOMAN!! Plus I can't believe that you cleaned the bathrooms in the middle of all this! Some people just get more done in a day than others...Obviously you are one of those "some people" and I am one of those "others". :( :(

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Super cute and FUN! I love the bright colored togas...they needed you back in the day to spice up the party a bit!
Love the homecoming picture too..darling dress!
Looks like this year is going to be a good one!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Athena and Aphrodite! How fitting for my two awesome cousins. :) I love them so much!

You did a great job, Gena! I miss you!

Edwin & Tamara said...

Great job***

You girls are just so beautiful.

Wish I could sew that good ^^)

love you guys

Denise said...

You sewing goddess, you! The girls look darling. I LOVE Allison's Homecoming dress!

Did I mention that I'm sewing a total of 22 dance team tops for Sarah's clogging team? Why, why, why can't I learn to JUST SAY NO?!