Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Wedding in Maryland

 
The day before the wedding was wonderful! After attending a morning session at the temple Christina took us on the Metro to Washington D.C.! I had never been! We walked down the Mall, seeing all the monuments. We ended at the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I got to see the orignial Star Spangled Banner (!!) and many other wonderful things in American culture. Having grown up watching her cook I had to have my picture taken with Julia. She didn't mind.

 
The Washington D.C. Temple is so beautiful! While we were inside Emily and Allison took some exterior shots. The grounds are gorgeous! And we had to include a photo of the cute updo Allison gave herself that day. I also had to include the photo Em took of the illegally parked car. She just couldn't believe that a temple patron would so blatantly scoff the law!

 
Christopher and Christina Faria, blissfully happy newlyweds! It didn't matter that the weather was quickly cooling or that the wind had come up. We were all thrilled to be there sharing this sacred moment with them.

 
Posted by Picasa
Christina had worked at an Italian restaurant in a lovely old neighborhood D.C. and they were more than happy to have her wedding dinner there. It was just across the street from a Metro stop and I must tell you as a snazzily dressed wedding party we drew a lot of attention on the train. It was a beautiful end to a beautiful day!

No comments: