
Have you heard the object lesson of the candle in the dark? In a lightless room the flame from a single candle takes away the darkness. I'm celebrating the candle.
Stronger than anything I know is the love our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us. Nothing strengthens or comforts me more.
Blessings in the kindness of others. Our furnace quit working on Tuesday and we found a small part was broken. We had quotes of $200 to repair it and offers to let us "have" the part for $125. A ward member who is in the business called his wholesale warehouse. The part was $25 and Steve installed it for free! A pharmacist at Walgreen's, who greets me by name, noticed our insurance had lapsed and enrolled us in the "W card" program. Our pharmacy bill for the two rx's, a month's supply of each, was originally $120 and it came down to $70, and that was for a 90 supply of one of the scrips.
These are only two examples of seemingly small things that have meant much more than can be expressed.
Our computer BIOS boot program became corrupted (how!?) so I was very grateful for Mom's old computer. We were able to Frankenstein with our computer so Allison could retrieve some final project homework. I'm still trying to find the old picture files (maybe they're still on the 512gb in the sick computer...).
Going a little overboard on Mom's birthday cake was therapeutic. I will definitely never be invited to compete on Food Network "Challenge"! Coming soon will be the picture of the pathetic ode to Mary Engelbreit that was my birthday cake (when the camera card returns from UT).
My wish is that, like my cookie sheet, I can show a strength of "character" as time goes by.
4 comments:
Dearest Gena I just read your post and it brought me to tears. You sounded so humble and grateful for the small things in your life..Heavenly Father blessed me with three sweet daughters. I miss Sharon so much. But I am grateful I have you and Marianne. And your brothers. You are all such special people. I can't imagine life without you. Remember I love you and pray for you always.. Have a good nights rest and have sweet dreams. Love Mamma
I love hearing about the little miracles that make you feel you can keep going! It's such a testimony to me of the Lord's love for us, and for His knowledge of our circumstances and needs. How comforting.
After 23 years of marriage many of my baking pans are also bearing signs of "character." I love your analogy. I love you, too!
Hello Sweetest Aunt Gena! I've missed you bunches! I've been a little out of it this week, myself. I haven't had much time to look or make any comments on any blogs. I've been in just plain "survival mode" this week. But now as Christmas is drawing so near and everything is done I'm back and ready to come out a bit.
I sure enjoyed reading your last couple of posts. You are an incredible lady and I so look up to you and your wonderful examples. Thanks for sharing your life with me.
Merry Christmas!
Love ya, JoLynn
P.S. I got your message off my phone I let the "Old Wild People" know.:)
God is good Gena! He loves you and will bless your family through this time as we are seeing.
Hey! I have a lot of pans with character now and I crave NEW looking stuff! Aren't we funny creatures?!
Post a Comment