Well, it's been a while since I've written anything of substance and I'm so sorry. If you're reading this I'm thrilled you haven't given up on me!
Luckily I've been substituting quite a bit. I'd like to be busier with more jobs but I'll take what comes. I do love teaching! All next week I'll be a Special Ed. teacher at a school I love. I've covered for this teacher in the past and I know most of the students because I've been a sub in their homeroom classes too. I'm looking forward to it!
NEWS UPDATE: I just talked to Steve and he's preparing to board a plane to bring him home from SLC. He had an interview with a company in Park City. They've been trying to get him out there since mid December but have had to wait for "the powers that be" to sign off on things. It sounds like the interviews went very well and the people he spoke with all said they have a real need for experienced engineers. They even floated the idea of placing him in a group leadership position which I know he'd be great at. Sounds good, right? Now we wait for "the powers" to move again. I think if it were up to the people Steve spoke with today things would move much quicker.
I've been trying to live my life through hope, faith and gratitude. I have so many blessings I feel petty when I feel picked on. Prilosec helps a lot as does keeping busy. Take today for example. I've scrubbed bathrooms and crocheted more than half a baby blanket. I feel accomplished. Now if I could just figure how to keep my hair from falling out...?
I promise I will gather my thoughts and post more often. At least those are my intentions. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. After all I do need to finish that baby blanket.
4 years ago
5 comments:
Oh Gena I started to cry when I read about Steve. I think I'm crying because I have always known how hard that it is when your husband isn't working but with Brian not working much at all I have even more of an understanding of how hard it is. The tears I'm shedding are tears of joy they are tears of confirmation that a Father in Heaven hears and answers prayers! Since Brian hasn't had much work it's been a little more stressful around here as I know you understand but I'm constantly reminded of how much my Father in Heaven blesses us and is mindful of what were going through. No prayers are not always answered the way that we want them to be but he does hear our prayers and he does answer them. Brian is leaving tomorrow and going for a job interview in Las Vegas. I have no idea of what this all will mean or intell for the future, if anything, but at any rate I know that our prayers are anwered and I know yours are to.
I love you and I will keep praying for you guys. Keep me posted on the job and good luck with the substituting.
I'm still working my couple of days at the doctors office but I just got finger printed and I am awaiting my finger printing clearance from the Department of Safety and then I'm going to start substituting on the other 3 days as much as I can to help out around here.
Well Much Love To You All!
JoLynn
Oh, you dear girls! Gena,Jolynn, you are in my prayers! It was so strange to be eating lunch at Sonic today while waiting for our car to be lubed and look up at the mtns. and know that Steve was right over there...so close! I hope with all of my heart that it works out and that your wait won't be long.
We are in St. George now. Ahh, sun, warmer weather (63!!) and palm trees...Marianne is happy!
Hurray Park City! I'd love it if you guys were closer!! We'll keep you in our prayers and hope it all works out. I love you!
Hooray for a promising job prospect! Not so excited by the thought of you having to move. . . .
I should have added your post to MY Sunday Six as one of the things that made me happy this week. I hope the job thing in Park City turns out well. Just the fact that Steve had an interview in these tough times seems miraculous to me, we will keep you in our prayers. We were very close to Steve this weekend too, just over the mountain in the SL valley. I hope you hear something soon. Good Luck!!
Post a Comment