Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Complete 180 From Last Week!


This is my sweet honey, alive and well, napping with Charlie, who loves to stick close by when Steve's home. The significance of this beautiful picture of domesticity? Well, it's just one of the many blessings that have come my way. I would be very ungrateful not to acknowledge them!

First, Steven was in a car accident. No, that's not the blessing! He was traveling at the height of rush hour at about 70 mph and was sideswiped in his Saturn sedan by a big pick up. It really scraped up his passenger side and he did hit the guard rail on the driver's side kind of hard. He was told that he could have very easily been killed but he came out of it without even a sore neck or back! If I could have my way I would ask the blessing to extend to the insurance company fully restoring my car and not totaling it out (it's a '99 so I'm a little concerned).

Second, Michael got a job!!! He's going to work at the Best Buy in American Fork. There is no way he could have received this blessing without a few angels in his corner. Nancy, Kaci and Raliegh! There are no words I could use to fully express the gratitude and relief you have brought into this Mom's life. I'd be baking cakes, making candy, waxing cars, whatever you needed, if I lived closer! Oh, and Brent? Thank you for being a sweetie. I think if you weren't such a nice guy then others may not help someone you were related to so blindly.

Third, my wonderful in laws, Bette and Tony Faria! They were able to step in and cosign for Michael's student loan. The love of grandparents is truly a wonderful blessing! And I received a copy of my credit report in the mail. You know what? I can't see what the fuss over us was, but I'm thrilled my Mom and Dad in California were able to do this very necessary service for my sweet son.

Fourth, Girls Camp. I know, right? But the preparations have caused me to stop to appreciate many things. The other night I stayed up until midnight just studying scriptures. At first I was searching for ideas for devotionals but then I decided to mark the scripture mastery scriptures and that led to... get the picture? It was a nice evening, quiet and calm but for "Bridezillas" playing on the television (well, Alli, Em and I do have some guilty pleasures). Even with the ballistic brides I felt inspired and happy.

Fifth, women in the ward I work with. There are so many great people that are supportive and loving. It's an easy thing to take others for granted, especially when we're not always paying attention to things that are going on behind the scenes. They have made preparing for camp this year half the worry for me. Jennie and Rebecca, you rock!

Love to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gena, I'm so happy this is a better week for you. It's always darkest just before the dawn...a favorite saying of my mom's and it seems to be true in my life. I'm especially happy to hear that Steve's life was spared, who cares about the car??? SomeTHINGS just aren't important but I hope the insurance company comes through for you. Thanks for your kind words about our family, Kaci is really the one that pulled this off (with Michael's help, of course HA) but we were all glad to do our part and would have done so sooner if I had known that Michael was still job hunting. You know, there's nothing worse than looking for a job (at least, in my mind), I really don't like talking myself up and/or begging, etc. and it seems that job searching entails all of that. Many years ago when Jim was fresh out of college and looking for a job it seemed like it was one sad day after another. I promised myself that some day, if we were ever in a position to help someone in need of employment that I would do everything I could to help that person, just because I remember how humiliating it all was. Over the years, because of Jim's job, we have been able to help a few people and it always gives me such a great feeling to do so. I thought our days of helping were over and so I'm thrilled that this all worked out for Michael. At least he has something now and he can continue to look for the just right thing if necessary. It's always easier to look for a job when you already HAVE a job. Just a side note...apparently BB has a tuition reimbursement program and other educational benefits. I think it's for full-time employees but it's something that Michael might want to investigate. We wish him the very best. Finally, good luck with Girls' Camp. I went for NINE years as the Stake YW Pres. It was exhausting but OH, the memories! I could write a book...seriously!!

Gena said...

I'd read your book.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh Gena, I'm so glad that this week has been much better and things got brighter for you. I actually got teary eyed reading your post because I was just so touched at the way the Lord answers prayers.

I'm so glad that Steve is o.k. and I do hope things work out with the insurance company. I'm also so glad that Michael got a job. What a true blessing. I'm also so glad that Grandpa and Grandma Faria were able to come to the rescue. And thank goodness for our "ward family"! Man I'd be a lost sole without my "ward family".

Reading your blog gave me hope that things here will get easier here. We really do have so much to be grateful for and I am so thankful for all that we've been blessed with! Thanks for sharing with me all your blessings this week!

We sure love you and I so appreciate your love and support. I just wish we all lived closer to each other. Well take care and thanks again.
Love Ya,
JoLynn

Diana said...

Gena-na-na! (I love singing your name!) I love your thank you posts. THey make me think about the good that has happened in my life lately. Nick and I are glad Steve is ok. I love that picture of him and Charlie... Wish you were here or we were there!

Denise said...

Good news, indeed! When I hear of such blessings and experience them in my own life, I can't help but think of the Amy Grant song, "Angels Watching Over Me." It's one of her older songs, but a good one.

Hooray for employment! I'm happy that things are looking up for Michael--job, loan docs, unlimited texting on his cell phone plan. . . . Life is good.

Good luck with Girls' Camp! You rock!

Marianne said...

Yes, Denise...about that unlimited texting...it sure keeps Michael busy! Would you happen to know whom he might be texting? hmmm?

My darling Gena, Sorry I missed this pot this weekend. I was being held hostage by a bunch of card playing family members! You won't see this until you get back from camp.

I am so glad life is looking up for you and SO glad our Steven is alright! What are his and Mom's plans for their lonely week without all of you girls?