The last few days have been so productive! Painting, tile work, drywall repair, wallpaper stripping, gardening, removal of aesthetically offensive 70's woodwork, shimming 2x4 support studs. It's felt really good to get so much done and my sweet girls have been right there with me. Most of the time. I must tell you that the last 2 hour session I spent sitting in a 30 inch shower stall with a watercolor paintbrush and some waterproofing liquid I was privileged to listen to Emily playing a Harry Potter game on the Wii. I know it was Harry because I kept hearing Hermione telling him to be careful.
In the middle of all this Emily found some "Top Secret Recipe" cookbooks I've had for a while. She became very excited and marked some recipes she really wanted to try. Emily hasn't really cooked very much so I said I'd let her go for it.
Saturday, after Harry and Hermione returned to Hogwarts, she came in the bathroom and asked when we were going to the store to shop for the ingredients she needed. It was 7:30, Sat. evening, and I needed to go to a working shower in the worst way. My sweet Steven ran to the store for her.
Big Macs!
Twinkies!
Frosties!
They all tasted very authentic! Best part? I didn't have to cook or clean up! I was on hand as technical support. Looking forward to next Sunday's Top Secret Adventure.
5 comments:
Man can you all come to Arizona for a visit?!! Please oh please!!! I so need to do some up keep work around this place and some heavy duty deep cleaning and I'd love love love for Emily and Ali to do some cooking here too. I'm glad this was a good productive weekend for all of you. I love those kind of weekend but next weekend you need an R&R weekend to recover from this hard working weekend you had.
Take Care! Sure love and miss you!
JoLynn
UMMMM...YUM!!! Good job you working so hard...I hope you rewarded yourself with a few of those twinkies!
See how Emily is laying by that plate of Twinkies with a love sick look o her face? Yeah, that's be me too! Can she brig her top secrets to my house in August?? (They are coming with you aren't they? Rachel will be mutinous if they don't!)
Where is the wall paper in your house? I can only think of Michael's room. And...is that shower ever going to NOT leak?? It would be un-natural! Did you fix it for good this time?
Can we all say YUM and you did not share with me :(
Those Twinkies look heavenly!
Post a Comment