Monday, August 31, 2009

CAUTION: Long Week Ahead

Dear BlogMates,

I'm home after my first day in a true Special Ed. class. There is an extra sub in the school right now (long story) but if she leaves before the end of the week I'm done for. The aide in my class also went to Outdoor Lab (a week long camp for the sixth graders) and aides don't get substitutes. So, if the teacher requires an aide why wouldn't I? Please pray for me that I don't end up alone with these special spirits, please?

Shower Saga Wrap Up: Our last attempt at waterproofing/sealing the grout, once again, appeared not to work The grout, upon have water spritzed on it, turned the dark cement like color. Well, Alli sat down and cried. I was with her. I called the manufacturer of the sealer and was told it was a breathable sealant and it would look wet. I don't know how that's supposed to work, but the girls are showering in their bathroom and are happy. I was so relieved I didn't swear!

ELDER FARIA IS 9 DAYS AWAY FROM HOME! This time, a week from Wednesday, he will be home. Weird and exciting! He will be speaking on the first Sunday he's back in town, Sunday, September 13th, Sac. Mtg. 9 a.m. for those of you who can make it. Let me know! I'll prepare goodies!

I will be in much better form by Saturday morning. I hope I'll have an exciting and wonderful post ready for you all to read.

LOVE, Gena, harried teacher, concerned Mother and Dopey Daughter

5 comments:

Blasé said...

Working with Grout can be aggravating, but once it's completed it makes life worth living and prevents me from cussin'

Anonymous said...

Well it's Wednesday and I'm just now commenting, so I hope your week is going good by now, i.e., the girls are continuing to shower and you've had the help you need in your special needs class. PLUS, now you're just ONE WEEK away from your missionary coming home. How exciting is that!! Since we had only daughters who all got married before they were 21, we didn't have the experience of a missionary coming home. We sent a boyfriend on a mission but he didn't return, so I can only imagine how thrilling this must be for you. I hope the week turns out good and that Saturday comes quickly!! Don't forget about the BYU game at 5 p.m. on ESPN..... GO COUGS!!

Denise said...

I'm behind on blog reading, as you can tell. I was just wondering when your meeting time was because we want to come see Chris--I mean, Elder Faria. Hope you survived last week, and I can't wait to hear your colorful reports.

Let me know if I can bring something on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. How exciting!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow! Where on earth have I been I just now commenting. Good grief you can tell what kind of week or so I've had. It must have been in the air or something last week!

I sure hope that your week ended well! And tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!! YAY!!! Wow how exciting! I wish we could be there to hear him speak on Sunday and be with you all!

Tomorrow Brent and Kami are coming for a visit to see Blake in one of his games and also to see everyone. Dad especially could use a hug or two. Anyway, we sure love you all! We miss you tons! Good luck tomorrow and I hope all is going well!

Love you!
JoLynn