Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chris Came Home



Words rarely fail me. I was so happy to see Chris come up from the subway at DIA all I could do was smile!



A railing separates the people waiting from the arriving passengers. He approached Helen, Allison and Emily as I was circumventing the rail. Can you imagine how I felt when he told them, "I need to hug Momma first"?

I put my arms around him. It felt so good! I whispered in his ear, "I don't think I can let go" and he whispered back "I don't think I can either." Sigh.

Three cameras were going and Chris was disconcerted, not knowing where to look.



Emily, Chris and Allison.



Chris was sharing pictures of his departure from New Hampshire with me because...



...a distraught Steven was stuck on the 225 in horrible traffic! He felt awful for about 2 seconds until Chris ran up to him with big hugs too.



The very next, very important, order of business was to call big brother Michael in Utah. Michael was so jealous and "oh, man" wistful. I think we're going to take a quick weekend trip so they can see each other. I mean it has been THREE YEARS since they've seen each other.



I didn't know this picture was being taken but I like it.



When we got Charlie two years ago Christopher was the first family member he warmed up to. After a brief territorial barking spell puppy warmed right up.



Okay, I have to confess. It wasn't until I started loading photos onto the computer that I realized we didn't get one picture of Chris with Grandma Helen. While Helen isn't in her cute little black and white outfit I don't think she minded the hugs.



Chris is glad to be home but is still in a bit of culture shock. While we've kept the TV quiet this afternoon he has been on the Wii with me and Emily. He's playing computer games while the girls (and I) watch "Glee." His body clock is telling him it's 10:30 p.m. and he's readjusting to the altitude. Still, he assures me he's happy. Me too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Happy Day!! So fun to see all the pictures and share (a little) in the happiness of 09/09/09. You'll never forget this date! So sad that Michael couldn't be there for the reunion...soon maybe. ENJOY!!

Sarah said...

Yea!! Welcome home Chris! I remember the feeling of coming home from the mission and there is nothing like it!

Denise said...

Welcome home, Chris! I was quite pleased and surprised that he already "friended" me on Facebook. We're looking forward to hearing him speak on Sunday!

Marianne said...

JOY!! Welcome home to the Infamous Elder 'F'!! We have missed you here on the Utah end! When are you coming back to school???

Hurry and pack your Momma in the car and get yourself over here because your brother is dying. Your Auntie and cousins too!

I truly wish we could be there this Sunday to hear you speak. You'll have to give us a re-play OK??

P.S. GOOOD MOVE hugging the Momma first my boy!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh this post made me tear up! I cry all the time at everything! I'm not sure if I'm hormonal all the time, extra sensitive, or getting older. But anyway, this was such an exciting post! I'm so happy he's home! He looks so grown up and so handsome! I wish we could be there Sunday to hear him speak! I also hope that Chris and Michael get to see each other soon! That makes me sick that it's been so long!

We Love You!
JoLynn

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

YIPHEEEEE!!! I am so glad he is home safe and sound, holding moms hand and loving Grandma Helen! What a wonderful day...and a HUGE relief!