Ran all my errands today. Getting everything in order so I can finish cutting out the shrugs (abbreviated bolero jackets) for the "Shades of Blue" dresses. First concert of the year is on next Tuesday, so, really under a deadline! Planning on taking the shrugs to school on Monday so girls have them on Tuesday.
Tuesday, October 6th
Oh, no! Incomplete list of girls! Where is the other list? Oh, yeah, it's in my van. At the school. With the girls. Maybe I should get them a cell phone?
Wednesday, October 7th
Substituted in Algebra classes all day. Glad it's the beginning of the year so I still knew what I was supposed to teach. Was excited to get home and finish cutting out fabric and start sewing. Found water coming in the basement window. Spent two and a half hours pulling up flooring. Not as bad as it could have been (I LOVE my shop vac!). Sigh. No sewing tonight.
Thursday, October 8th
Spent until about 12:30 with Mom; poor dear had to have a colonoscopy :{ Finished cutting out ALL 13 shrugs.
Friday, October 9th
Started a four day job subbing for a middle school choir teacher with extensive lunch duty. No down time, other teachers were absent and needed coverage. Too much H1N1 going around. District actually ran out of subs that were healthy! Began sewing on a shrug. Became frustrated figuring out how to make it "easier." Took me two hours. Cried.
Saturday, October 10th
Woke up to 20 degrees and snow. Put my shoulder to the wheel and the tile in the sun room. Walking to the TV to put in one of my DVD's I tripped over Chris' shoes. Laid on floor and said the "s" word a few times. Ow! Had the Elders cutting through our yard, FREEZING! Invited them in for Hot Chocolate and ended up having them eat hot soup. Finished SIX shrugs. Pain in right shoulder triggered a nice little migraine. Work made lighter by watching the awesome BYU game (ha! UNLV).
Sunday, October 11th
It's 9:10 p.m. The Rockies are up 2-1 over the Phillies, the Broncos had a terrific game against the Patriots and I'M DONE WITH ALL 13 SHRUGS!!! It only took me nine hours today, but, I'M DONE!!! Told Alli to NOT talk to me about alterations on her Homecoming dress until tomorrow. I guess that means I don't have to clean up all my sewing things tonight!
I actually remembered to get out my camera! I love them all lined up with Alli and Em's dressed flanking them. Now, how am I going to transport them all, unwrinkled and not falling off the hangers, into the school...?
4 comments:
You are an amazing woman! What a task to undertake while subbing and caring for our mother! They are beautiful...and I love you!
Treat yourself!
Wow!!! You are even more amazing than I thought you were! You poor thing. Thank goodness that week is over! Well they turned out beautiful! And please tell grandma we love her too, sorry she had to under go that. Yuck! Well take care. Love you!!!
JoLynn
What a shame that you have to take down the shrugs...they look so cute hanging there!! Wow, what a week you had, I hope things slow down a little so you can catch your breath. Tell Grandma Helen, sorry about the colonoscopy, well actually more sorry about the "prep" day, the procedure itself is a snap, it's the day before that's a killer! Turns out the doctor that did mine became my bishop not long after...now there's a "coincidence". Have another fun week.
When I first glanced at the photo of your productivity, I thought it was a new valance. I was relieved to realize, upon closer inspection, that it was actually the shrugs! You're my inspiration. I have to make 22 (yes, twenty-two) dance tops for Sarah's team (two different styles x 11 girls). How do I get myself into these things, anyway?
Post a Comment